help needed on 2003 sonata

Hello group,

The problem I posted before about my 03 Sonata GL (58,600 miles) is now becoming more of an issue. When I turn the key to start the engine I have to leave the key turned for up to 20 seconds in order for it to start!! Before it was around 5-10. I thought it was the battery but I doubt it. Thought it was water in the gas tank I put in dry gas to fix that. Then I thought it a flooded injecter (if that is possible) but I never put my foot on the gas pedal before starting the car. Not a car smart guy here. All I know that this is not normal. I am going to the dealer next week for my timing belt replacement. I hope my car makes it till then. In the meantime can anyone suggest what could be the problem. thanks guys. jeff

Reply to
sonata32

Your fuel pressure regulator may be allowing the fuel to slowly return to the tank when the car sits. It'll then take some time cranking to rebuild the fuel pressure to start the car.

Reply to
hyundaitech