help please

i have a 2000 elantra with 129000 miles; yes i know i drive cross country a lot. Anyway this morning it started missing a lot. It chugs like its dragging. Any suggestions on why? I just got a new fuel filter put in. Could it be that, or bad gas, or should i do another oil change(the last one was 1 month ago), any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
john_simon

Look at your ignition components first -- wires, plugs, coil.

Reply to
hyundaitech

My other car, a Corolla, had the same problem a few weeks ago. It was ONE of the spark plug wires; cost a couple of bucks to fix.

Shane

Reply to
shane.glaseman