Help with Malfunction Indicator Light

Hello Looking for possible least expensive solutions first. I own 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe. Just suddenly had it quit one day after starting it. Didn't notice it running rough but now, malfunction indicator light on and does quit after starting it here and there light on all the time. I got it to stay running buy giving it more gas. Never had it quite while driving but today running and in park and it quit. Got it on again okay. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated as yes, I am a female with no access to vehicle savvy men. lol..Thank you!

Reply to
dpackup

Take it to a place like Advanced Auto. Auto Zone or others and for free they will read the codes.

Could be lack of fuel from bad fuel pump, clogged filter, injector problem. Too many possibilities to guess, but the code reader will narrow it down.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski