Help with my Excel

Hi!!! I was wondering if anyone can help me I have my 1998 twin cam excel up for sale, I have owned it for 5 years and NEVER had a problem with it anyway a older lady took it for a test drive today and came
back and said that the gear box was stuffed (cause the gear stick is a bit sloppy) and that it needs a new clutch cause it shutters in reverse. This has been like this since the day I brought it and I assumed that it was normal, IS IT!!!!???? as you can probably tell from my lack of knowledge I am not a very mechanically minded person
Without feeling this in person, it'll be hard for anyone to judge. I always thought the shifters were sloppy in most Hyundai products. I don't particularly recall any clutch chatter, but that can largely be a function of clutch coordination.
My advice is don't sweat it. It mostly sounds like this isn't the car for the person that looked at it.
venessa schreef op 13-5-2008 :

My 1995 Excel has the same 'issues'. They are quite common for Excels and can do no harm. It seems to me just a negotiating method to get the price down.
--
eejee
elektropost*at*planet*dot*nl