Hesitation problem 02 Elantra

My wife and I both have automatic trans '02 Elantra GLS's. Mine has about 36K and hers about 33K miles.
When starting in morning and pulling out from sitting overnight they are
OK. After sitting in the sun all day at work (100deg.+ in Arizona) there is now a hesitation after initial startup when trying to pull out of our parking spots.
Symptom: Start motor - put in (D)drive - push gas pedal ---> here is the problem: motor does not respond to pushing down the gas pedal in drive or there is a big delay in response (yes, the brake is off!) Second push of pedal seems to work OK, or giving a little gas after starting motor, wait for the RPM to drop back, then placing into drive seems to work as a work around to the problem.
Our driving is mostly high speed 75 mph Interstate roads.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Paul
--
"Character is doing the right
thing when nobody is looking."
hyundaitech wrote:

dealer. I have the extended warranty on my car hopefully it will be covered and not too expensive on her's.
Paul
--
"Character is doing the right
thing when nobody is looking."
The warranty on the ECM is 8 years/80k miles as required by federal law. Many aftermarket extended warranties, however, won't cover this type of work.