Hey Hyundaitech, an idea ...

Have you ever wired a Santa Fe, or other Hyundai, to automatically lock when placed in gear? I was wondering if there is a module, or wiring idea to do
this. With my very limited understanding of the wiring of my beast, I would think that somehow sending a signal to the locking solenoid would do the trick.
TIA
Gordo wrote:

If you go to the Elantra Club website - http://elantragtclub.tripod.com/elantra/ - , then the Forums page and post this question in "Southpaw's Workshop", you'll get an answer from a Hyundai electrical modification guru.

when
do
would
thanks ... I did just that.
You'd probably have to somehow install a position switch on the shifter or install an electronic device which sent a single signal when it received signal from the range switch that the trans was in D.
'Have you ever wired a Santa Fe, or other Hyundai, to automatically lock when placed in gear? I was wondering if there is a module, or wiring idea to do this. With my very limited understanding of the wiring of my beast, I would think that somehow sending a signal to the locking solenoid would do the trick.'
REPLY: I had a 1995 Chrysler LeBaron GTS that did this whenever it would go into 2nd gear of the auto transmission ; it locked all doors.
go fuck yourself, dave, ya POS asshole
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

What is your problem? If you can't control your juvenile temper, go play somewhere else!