Honda Bumper Backs Into Elantra Bumper

OUR 2003 ELANTRA BUMPER IS THE LEAST DAMAGED--minimal--the Honda is reportedly showing damage.
This is not a controlled scientific test, while there should be some
other smiling Elantrans seeing this note.
They will not be smiling at trade in time. When they find out a Honda is worth 3 times what their Hundee is.
hmmm save money now or later? ill take the saved $ now thank you mr smarty pants rather than pay more now, get a lil more later.. live in the moment i say, way this worlds going it might not be here later... =-)

now that I find funny.. considering when I traded my 2000 Elantra wagon in I got almost what I paid for it 4 years later and they sold it for what it sold for BRAND new..;-) bought a 2004 Elantra GT and traded that in 18 months later, again got almost what I paid for it and they sold it for what it sold for BRAND new.. bought a 2006 Santa Fe.. because the colour I bought is no longer available, I have been offered MORE Than I paid for it 5 months ago. GO FIGURE.. and YOU say Honda's hold their resale BETTER than Hyundai???? hmmmmmmmmmmm might wanna recheck that..;-)
Pete...

Hey Pete, Being an owner of a Hyundai Elantra 02 myself, I m happy to read this and would like to believe it to. But edmonds.com and kbb.com do not say the same thing! They show the values depreciated by at least 50% after 4 yrs! My Elantra 02 is as clean and well-maintained as it can be. Only has some dents on the sides from the doors of cars parked adjacent to mine in the carport (can't help it!!!) Any suggestions on what you did to get such a good trade-in price? Bini
well I traded it in on an 06 Santa Fe from the same dealer I bought it from... and was the 3rd I had bought from them so they prolly gave me a above average trade in...
PEte..

Pete & Cindy wrote:

And often you pay more for the vehicle you are buying when you have a trade so you lose a little on that end of the deal also.
Matt
well considering I got it less than list price, I doubt it..;-) it was to make me feel better after the Elantra.. had 14 problems with it in 18 months.. including having a new clutch put in it at 12,000 Kilos... bent throughout bearing.... 4 different stereo systems.. but the last straw was them telling me that the top end needed to be done at 21,000 thats when we decided to trade it in....
Pete..

zonie wrote:

Depends on how long you keep your vehicles. I keep mine at least 10 years or 200,000 miles and at that point they are generally worth next to nothing anyway. And three times nothing is still nothing.
If you are one of those folks that trades for a new car every two or three years, then, yes, the trade-in value can be a significant issue. Even so, a Honda will hardly be worth three times more than a Hyundai. Maybe 1/3 more...
Matt
Matt Whiting wrote:

I've never had to worry about the 10 year issue before I hit the 200,000 mark. :)

were at 160 000 and it runs great no oil use either, 99 'cent