How many trips to the dealer to fix a Sonata?

Page 2 of 2

Very interesting, especially - - - - - There is only one way to prevent this sort of thing - following proper break in procedures for both pad and disc and use the correct pad for your driving style and conditions.
During pad or disc break-in, do not come to a complete stop, so plan where and when you do this procedure with care and concern for yourself and the safety of others. If you come to a complete stop before the break-in process is completed there is the chance for non-uniform pad material transfer or pad imprinting to take place and the results will be what the whole process is trying to avoid. Game over.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Keep reading. There is more after "game over."
I had a minivan that was notorious for "warping" its rotors. It got so bad once that I was ready replace the rotors and pads, so I decided just for fun to try a few really hard sopts in sequence. I read, maybe in a different article, that this could reverse some of the uneven transfer of pad material.
So, I went out to a back country road with virtually no traffic and made 10 or so hard stops from 60 MPH to 5 or so with some cooling time in between. Presto! The "warped" brakes were now virtually gone. There was some very minor pulsation still present, but almost negligible. I ran those brakes and rotors several thousand more miles without trouble.
Matt