How much should i pay for new 2005 Elantra GT. Std. Opts

Hello frnds,
I am thinking to buy new Elantra GT 2005. w/auto trans. and standard package. no sunroof or abs.
What is the lowest price anyone you paid for this car. i got
quote for $13000.00 including tax and tag.
Please reply.
Thanks
not a bad price for an 05 GT... they are nice little cars.
GO FOR IT!
ElantraStan http://www.stanarseneaux.com/elantra /
snipped-for-privacy@hirise.com

http://www.autoforumz.com/Hyundai-pay-2005-Elantra-GT-Std-Opts-ftopict109884.html
longhorn2005 wrote:

With the current rebates, that sounds about right. For about the same price, you could get the 5 speed with the sunroof and have more fun, and get significantly better gas mileage.

Significantly better? I thought it was only 2 or 3 MPG different?
Neil wrote:

That's what the sticker says, but comments from automatic owners on other forums indicate that the difference is 5 mpg or more. My experience with the manual is that will can achieve it's rated mileage under real world conditions and even exceed it at times. It seems that the auto tends to fall short of its ratings. Since I don't have two cars to compare back to back, I can't say for sure that this is true, but that's what people who own autos are indicating.
longhorn2005 wrote:

carsdirect.com price is $12,025 in my zip code. See if the dealer will match carsdirect.com price. Mine wouldn't so I bought a Sonata LX from them for $16,200. it was great dealing with them, absolutely no nonsense. also check Edmunds.com for their "true market value" price.
Bob wrote:

That price is incorrect, as it's for the GLS with a manual transmission (it's actually $12,086 in my area), not for the GT with an auto. The Carsdirect price for a base GT with a manual is $13,275. With an auto, it's $14,080. A GT with a manual and a sunroof (Accessory group 7) is $13,947.
When I factor in the mudguards and cargo tray I added and the slightly higher rebate I got last year, the Carsdirect price comes out to $77 more than I paid for my '04 GT hatchback with the manual and sunroof ($13,725). I got this price without any significant haggling, but as they say, "your mileage may vary".