How to drain Elantra radiator?

I have a 2003 Elantra GLS and I'd like to change out the antifreeze. Unfortunately I'm having a weird problem where I cannot get images to display in hmaservice.com so maybe you can help? Does the radiator have an
accessible, standard drain valve? Are any special tools needed?

If the pictures don't show, you have to download the viewer. Look at the Site Requirements for the viewer available for free from Adobe. You also need Internet Explorer

Yes, the SVG viewer appears to install successfully and I am using internet explorer, but the graphics still don't display on hmaservice.com. I'm not sure what to do next. Meanwhile regarding the Elantra, do you know how to drain the radiator?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040105070709030004030504 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Victek wrote:

use big phillips head screwdriver.
--------------040105070709030004030504 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
--------------040105070709030004030504--
type="cite"> <BLOCKQUOTE type="cite"> <BLOCKQUOTE type="cite">I have a 2003 Elantra GLS and I'd like to change out the antifreeze. Unfortunately I'm having a weird problem where I cannot get images to display in hmaservice.com so maybe you can help?&nbsp; Does the radiator have an accessible, standard drain valve?&nbsp; Are any special tools needed? <BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>If the pictures don't show, you have to download the viewer.&nbsp; Look at the Site Requirements for the viewer available for free from Adobe.&nbsp; You also need Internet Explorer <BR></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV><BR>Yes, the SVG viewer appears to install successfully and I am using internet explorer, but the graphics still don't display on hmaservice.com.&nbsp; I'm not sure what to do next.&nbsp; Meanwhile regarding the Elantra, do you know how to drain the radiator? </DIV> <DIV><BR>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana>Bottom of radiator, driver side, really dark there, get a flashlight, use big phillips head screwdriver.</FONT></DIV><FONT face=Verdana></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE> <BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"> <DIV><FONT face=Arial>Thanks, I'll check that out.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
type="cite"> <BLOCKQUOTE type="cite"> <BLOCKQUOTE type="cite">I have a 2003 Elantra GLS and I'd like to change out the antifreeze. Unfortunately I'm having a weird problem where I cannot get images to display in hmaservice.com so maybe you can help?&nbsp; Does the radiator have an accessible, standard drain valve?&nbsp; Are any special tools needed? <BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>If the pictures don't show, you have to download the viewer.&nbsp; Look at the Site Requirements for the viewer available for free from Adobe.&nbsp; You also need Internet Explorer <BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Yes, the SVG viewer appears to install successfully and I am using internet explorer, but the graphics still don't display on hmaservice.com.&nbsp; I'm not sure what to do next.&nbsp; Meanwhile regarding the Elantra, do you know how to drain the radiator? <BR></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana>Bottom of radiator, driver side, really dark there, get a flashlight, use big phillips head screwdriver.</FONT><BR></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial>Are we talking about a large red plastic Phillips screw head that flush with it's socket? (It looks to be in the right position)</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial>Regarding the issue of the SVG viewer and the HMAservice.com I have installed the viewer on three computers so far - one with Vista and the other two with XP SP2 - and the graphics will not display properly on any of them.&nbsp; If someone has a clue about how to fix this please speak up.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Yes, Victek, the Elantra is one of THE simplest vehicles to change the radiator fluid I have ever seen. The "petcock" is a red plastic bolt at the bottom of the radiator. Once you look, it is hard to miss.
Make sure the car is cold, open up the radiator cap before you open it, and let it pour. While it is draining, remove the coolant recovery bottle, drain, clean, replace and refill it.
If only other vehicles were that easy.
type="cite"> <BLOCKQUOTE type="cite"> <BLOCKQUOTE type="cite">I have a 2003 Elantra GLS and I'd like to change out the antifreeze. Unfortunately I'm having a weird problem where I cannot get images to display in hmaservice.com so maybe you can help?&nbsp; Does the radiator have an accessible, standard drain valve?&nbsp; Are any special tools needed? <BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>If the pictures don't show, you have to download the viewer.&nbsp; Look at the Site Requirements for the viewer available for free from Adobe.&nbsp; You also need Internet Explorer <BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Yes, the SVG viewer appears to install successfully and I am using internet explorer, but the graphics still don't display on hmaservice.com.&nbsp; I'm not sure what to do next.&nbsp; Meanwhile regarding the Elantra, do you know how to drain the radiator? <BR></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana>Bottom of radiator, driver side, really dark there, get a flashlight, use big phillips head screwdriver.</FONT><BR></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial>Are we talking about a large red plastic Phillips screw head that flush with it's socket? (It looks to be in the right position)</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial>Regarding the issue of the SVG viewer and the HMAservice.com I have installed the viewer on three computers so far - one with Vista and the other two with XP SP2 - and the graphics will not display properly on any of them.&nbsp; If someone has a clue about how to fix this please speak up.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Thanks for the confirmation. I've worked on older cars and am used to seeing a petcock valve, so I just wanted to be sure beforehand.
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Yes, Victek, the Elantra is one of THE simplest vehicles to change the radiator fluid I have ever seen.&nbsp; The "petcock" is a red plastic bolt at the bottom of the radiator.&nbsp; Once you look, it is hard to miss.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Make sure the car is cold, open up the radiator cap before you open it, and let it pour.&nbsp; While it is draining, remove the coolant recovery bottle, drain, clean, replace and refill it.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>If only other vehicles were that easy.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
I also have an 03 Elantra and didn't have any problem draining the radiator, just take out the red bolt!