How to fix glove box latch handle noise?

The glove box latch handle has rubber stoppers that are now crushed. This prevents a snug fit when the glove box is closed and causes an annoying buzzing sound on the road. I have try padding the stoppers
with various material but they end up crushed too. Any ideas?

stick on weather stripping?
Why are the stock parts getting crushed? It sounds like the latch gap may be too small so that you really have to crush the bumpers to close the door. If you open up the gap a bit and put in new bumpers it might be the answer.

You had me going there for a moment. Remember that even when you jam bumpers in it, the door winds up loose again. So it's not too tight.
The solution is to find good material that doesn't take a "set". The best I've found so far is natural "live" rubber, and Neoprene. Both types are common, but can be hard to find in just the right size and density.
--
Bob

It's been a long time since I did a materials class so I don't recall the correct terms. What I was alluding to was the idea that any material can be stretched or compressed past it's elastic limit so that it takes on a new dimension when the force is removed. In the case of bumpers I have seen them deformed various ways that resulted in reducing their ability to spring back to a usefull size. If he is crushing them as he stated that is probably what is happening. Same as crushing or stretching a spring.

Ah, I gotcha. Foamed plastics are bad about that.
I've never seen live rubber or Neoprene take much of a set. They usually work, even if over compressed.
--
Bob

Agreed, to the point where they splay out, effectively losing height. That is what I took him to mean by " stoppers that are now crushed".

Yes. It is like an egg crate effect. The looseness is not enough to make the glove box door rattle but the latch has a metal plate inside that makes a noisy buzz. If I can take the latch apart, I may be able to put a shim in between the plate.
Filling the void in the foam makes a snug fit and stops the buzz. I have some neoprene electrical plugs I can cut up and shape but it seems like such a pain. It is a problem shaping them right and getting them to stay put when I open and close the glove box.