How to remove wiper linkage assembly on Accent?

The mounting bolts on one wiper pivot has rusted away. I need to replace the wiper linkage assembly but I do not know how to get it off the wiper motor. I have loosen the pivot mounts and loosen the wiper motor mounts. What next?

Reply to
accent

Next I removed the rubber boot at the motor side of the connecting rod. It looks like the connecting rod is sandwiched between two nylon washers with the motor arm bearing.

Reply to
accent

The linkage snaps on/off the motor.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Do you mean that I just twist the connection rod and this will separate from the motor arm at the ball joint?

Reply to
accent

You should be able to just pry it off.

Reply to