HT: Does the Hyundai 1.6 litre GDI engine come with oil bypass in its Block ?

Could you tell me for sure ? Thanks, David.

On Friday, July 18, 2014 1:32:41 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I'm not sure what specifically you're talking about. What would be the purpose of this? Is this some sort of overpressure protection or are we looking to bypass a particular component?
On Friday, July 18, 2014 12:32:41 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Specifically, is there a Factory oil bypass valve WITHIN the Engine Block to allow oil to be bypassed before it enters the oil filter in the event th e oil filter becomes clogged ? There is in many auto Engine Blocks and im wondering if this is the case with the Kia 1.6 GDI ?
On Saturday, July 19, 2014 11:52:05 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

the oil filter becomes clogged ? There is in many auto Engine Blocks and im wondering if this is the case with the Kia 1.6 GDI ?
I can't find a reference to anything like this. I'd be very surprised if i t had one. The only bypass I know of dumps oil back into the crankcase in an overpressure situation, but that won't help oil the engine.
THANKS !