Hybrid for Large Vehicles: BMW-GM-Chrysler Consortium

Just want to post/link that I've skimmed this article about these belated efforts.
I'm not holding my breath, as I've been watching such posturings of
alternatives since at least 1973, and the bottomline is what the local C store & Walmart get today for unleaded regular.
There is also Nissan's hybrid version, & also that Ford hybrid version for its SUV available on the market today(?).
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/30/automobiles/30AUTO.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
They'll sorta fart around with their hybrids for several more experimental years with the typical pricing--c'est la vie.
Imho: Hyundai and/or perhaps China or maybe India will eventually "drive" the massive alternative/hybrid/whatever market.
Henry Ford's era is long-gone: The Western manufacturers & Japan cannot think/do it small: They'll do what they do with their hybrids at 8,000---20,000+ U.S. dollars more than are our fairly decent Hyundai's sell for today.
That's the way it's gonnabe until Korea, China, and India--maybe creative France--show how to satisfy hybrid/alternative demand.
But I may hopefully be wrong, and it doesn't take years 'n years.
For instance: GM could do a hybrid maybe with that Chevy "Aveo" they apparently make in Korea(?).
We rented an Aveo (or whatever) at an Enterprise, and it wasn't bad.
Neither is that Chrysler Neon (where is it made?) which we also rented.
Robert Cohen wrote:

I seen nothing so wonderful about hybrids. What I do see is an insanely complex, Rube Goldberge-esque drivetrain coupled with 500+ pounds of expensive batteries, working together to yield about the same mileage as a 25-year-old VW Rabbit diesel. These cars will most likely wind up rusting away in landfills when battery replacement cost exceeds the value of the entire vehicle. Thanks, but no thanks.