Hybrids

I read somewhere that GM has the most fuel efficient engines in the world. Better than the Koreans, Europeans and Japanese. I don't know how this was arrived at but I rented a DTS Cadillac and averaged almost 30mpg on the hiway at around 80 mph. I also know a Corvette gets very good mileage. You would think that GM would continue development with their "displacement on Demand" or go with a new fuel instead of the Hybrid which is just a stop gap at best. (if its even that)

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Sorry guys, this was not meant for this N/G

Rob

Reply to
Rob

This has been my experience of late as well. I think only Toyota is comparable to GM with respect to engine efficiency.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

I'm just happy I got 30 mpg at 65 mph in my Sante Fe 2.7 V6 :)

Reply to
tdstr

There's much more to it than the engines. Transmission technology and final drive ratios play a large role as well.

Heck, I pulled down 28mpg in my 1990 Taurus doing 80mph. The key is to be light and gentle on the accelerator.

Reply to
hyundaitech