hydraulic tensioner - how to compress it?

Hopefully I won't need to do this - that I will have put the timing belt on perfectly, but just in case.... has anyone found a way to compress the
hydraulic tensioner once you pull the pin and it engages? The on-line timing belt replacement instructions simply said to remove it... I guess then you could use a vice or a clamp or something... anyone had to do this?
Thx, KWW
"KWW" <kirk.walker ahyt aircooled doht neyt> wrote in message

Scroll down to the bottom. Step by step for timing and surpentine belts from the Santa Fe Forum members. May help. You could post there too as well if you wish.
http://p211.ezboard.com/fhyundaisantafemessageboardfrm52.showMessage?topicID 3.topic
Gordo

You will have to compress the tensioner. Channel-lock pliers will do the job, just keep pressure on it and be patient. You'll need a small piece of wire to hold it in the compressed position while you reinstall it. I would remove it from the block and work on compressing it outside of the vehicle.
Chris
I remove it & use a C clamp to compress it, You do not remove the pin until the belt an idlers have been timed & reinstalled
Two words: Shop vise.