Hyundai 1998 Elantra

My motherís car is not starting unless it gets jumped. She let it run for an hour thinking the battery died from not using the car in a while, but it still wouldnít start. A gentleman that lives by here
jumped it again and said... to take the postive off, if it keeps running then the problem is the battery, if it stales then it is the alternator. It didnít die so according to him it is the battery... Does this sound normal. I live 1000 miles away and canít check ito ut myself... So I was hoping someone else has heard of this procedure.
‚úĖ
Most likely he's correct.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ