hyundai accent 2000 engine code

hello,

I have a lot of questions for you :)

my check engine turn always yellow the code is 1198 or 11 & 98.

what's the signification of this code.

I have buy the book electrical troubleshooting manual from Hyundai dealer, and i have not check engine code, in the book...

Is possible the codes is in the mechanic book ?

Thank you a lot

mike (the bad English spelling) :)

Reply to
Mike

Hey Mike. I can't find any code P1198. How did you check the code? You may need to recheck and verify what the code is.

Do you have a P1128? I've seen this a few times. There is a TSB specifying how to check the air flow sensor for this code on 1.5L Accents. Usually, the air flow sensor is the problem when this code occurs.

Reply to
hyundaitech

The garage have test whit shap on, engine scan.

He have erase the code, but i think the code will be back again.

For the air flow sensor, is located in the box whit air cleaner ? do you have a specification for check this sensor whit a multimeter

thank you mike

Thu, 15 Dec 2005 18:42:34 -0500, hyundaitech wrote:

Reply to
Mike

It's the sensor that bolts on to the air cleaner housing. To test, you would need to do a performance test, not just check it with a multimeter while it's sitting there. There's information in the bulletin that will allow anyone with an OBD-II scanner (not just a code reader) to do the diagnosis.

Go to

and check out the service bulletins for your car. You'll need to register, but it's free.

Reply to
hyundaitech