Hyundai Accent 2002 Rear Blinker

The rear blinkers have stopped working so I picked up two new bulbs but am unable to figure out how to install them. The owners manual only shoes the front. I looked for an opening in the trunk and couldnt find one and I tried removing the entire tail light assembly but cant find one of the screws. Any idea how to replace the rear tail lights?

Reply to
trainer193

Not sure if you have the hatchback or sedan but I'm sure they are pretty similar. If you open the trunk you will see a few screws that hold the lamp housing into place right next to the rubber weatherstripping. Once they are out you need to sort of imagine the other side of the housing (along the side fender) is on a hinge and swing the assembly around to the side. Once you see it you will understand but is is very hard to describe.

It moves pretty freely in the right direction so if it is dificult don't force it. The sockets that give you access to the bulbs are on the back of the lamp assembly. Just twist em counterclockwise and pull out the bulb.

Since you have 2 bulbs gone bad I would look at fuses next if these bulbs don't fix the problem.

Reply to
art.obrien

Yeah I got the 2 screws out but couldnt figure out how to remove the blinker assembly. I tried pulling on it and it sounded like it was cracking so i stoped and screwed it back on. Ill try again. Right now the center light works fine but the left and right blinkers are out. Thanks for the help.

Reply to
trainer193