Hyundai Accent Crank Sensor

Hi all. How difficult is it to chnage a Accent crank sensor ? I read that it shouldn't be tried at home because of timing issues. It looks like a straight swap to me but has anyone any expereince of changing one ? Many thanks.

Reply to
HarrisonFord

If you've got a hex bolt holding in the sensor, just swap it out. No fuss, no muss. If it's got the #3 phillips screw holding it in, you'll have several choice words while trying to remove the screw. If this is what you have, I've had the best luck selecting an appropriate socket, hammering it onto the screw with and extension and loosening the screw that way if using the cross in the screw wouldn't work (usually doesn't).

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks for that ! Silly question ... where exactly is it ? And you don't have to be careful positioning it ? Thanks for your help.

Reply to
HarrisonFord

It bolts into the front of the block near the transmission. Just make sure the old o-ring comes out with the old sensor so you don't double ring it.

Reply to
hyundaitech