Hyundai ACCENT Owners : Looking at buying a new one. Need reliability reports from owners please.

Could you please tell me what year your Accent is , how reliable its been, are you still happy with it, highway gas mileage, and if you considered a different make for a budget small car ? Thanks much.

Reply to
ilbebauck

I have a 2002 Accent. I think it was around 130k miles before I had any trouble with it. I have put about $600 into if for repairs mostly to replace a gasket. Mileage varies depending on how you drive. You can get the claimed mileage if you are very careful driving.

Overall, it's been a very good car, probably the best for the money.

Reply to
Mooron

Consumer Reports rates the 2005 and 2009 Accents as average in reliability, the 2007 and 2008 as above average. They don't have sufficient data for 2006 and 2010 years.

Reply to
iws

e what year your Accent is , how reliable its

Thanks for the replies. Im also going to consider the Ford equivalent as it has a 6 speed auto trans. and isnt too much more than the Hyundai Accent. Warranty isnt as good ... just a 5 year/50 k. . warranty. But it has a good rating by Edmunds .

Reply to
ilbebauck

And...did anyone look at the Ford Fiesta as a comparison ?

Reply to
ilbebauck