Hyundai Accent Owners : What is the reliability like ?

Been seeing Accent prices around $10-11,000 for a brand new one ; have always wondered what the reliability is like. Also, what things might be a real drawback to this particular low end model hyundai . Thanks.

____________________________________________ Featured Best Seller Book : "I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist" (a fair appraisal of what Atheists DO believe in for their worldview). Address:http://www.impactapologetics.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=1&P ____________________________________________

I don't like the ride and the performance of them. But - that's my preference. I prefer a 6 cylinder and a more nicely appointed interior, as well as a smoother ride. For those that are looking for basic transportation they seem to be a good fit.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Good basic transportation. Ran my 99 to 100,000 then gave it to my friend for his kid. Friend put around $1000 in it and is driving it himself. He put in tires, brakes, brazed exhaust manifold crack, and dead fan motor along with a premature belt replacement (mechanic had a boat payment due). Probably needs a battery this winter.
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:59:51 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dave in Lake Villa) wrote:

I am 6 ft tall, perfectly comfortable in my 1996 Accent which I bought new. It now has 214,550 miles on it and still running.
Jozef

My daughter has a 1999 Accent GT? Says GT...but LOL...I have my doubts. Just a black 2 door with a spoiler. Has 155,000 KMs on it...only issue has been the alternator...replaced it with a $130 unit from a car parts place this spring
She is 19 and has had it for 3 years...she does drive it hard...always goes like a bat out of hell when driving...clutch is still solid, motor still sounds great...orig exhaust and shocks/struts...no squeeks or rattles....solid enough for a cheap car.
Dave in Lake Villa wrote:

My first Accent 1998 went for 199,987 miles before I got rid of it due to cost of body repair(accident) and maintenance repairs(brakes, tires, timing belt, tune-up) all having to be done at the same time for inspection. Since there was 0/0 finance on a new one I got a 2003 Accent, it now has 144,231 miles on it with only a spark sensor going bad(needed a tow)and a tie rod . Other then regular maintenance(tune-ups, timing belts, struts,tires, front brakes and rotors) the cost and reliability of the Hyundai is very good.