Hyundai and Chrysler???

:-O
http://business.timesonline.co.uk:80/tol/business/article1400177.ece
Zotto

Hyundai-Chrysler, doesn't have the same ring to it that Daimler- Chrysler does.

Why would they call it Hyundai-Chrysler ? I bet it will be called Hyundai. I sure hope they don't rename my favorite building in NY to the Hyundai building :))
the last Chrysler product I owned was a 1985 Plymouth Reliant. Worst piece of crap I ever owned. Never again! had four other Plymouths before that that were marginally OK!
I also wondered why Hyundai would want anything to do with an albatross like Chrysler.
But the article makes it clear that Hyundai's aim is their"coveted" dealer network.
Actually, I can see that, as long as Hyundai doesn't get the misconception there is anything else worth having in that company.

Hello Rev. Tom Wenndt,
R> I also wondered why Hyundai would want anything to do with an R> albatross like Chrysler. R> R> But the article makes it clear that Hyundai's aim is their"coveted" R> dealer network. R> R> Actually, I can see that, as long as Hyundai doesn't get the R> misconception there is anything else worth having in that company.
Great marketing coup, actually. Not only would they have access to the dealer network but they would also change the misconceptions among those uneducated about Hyundai cars, that Hyundai must be doing something right if they can take over one of the so-called "Big Three" of US automaking ...
Regards, Wayne Moses mailto: snipped-for-privacy@houston.rr.com
Rev. Tom Wenndt wrote:

You are quite wrong here. Chrysler still has strong engineering and design capability. Their main lack over the years has been in manufacturing/assembly, an area where the Koreans have been fairly strong in the last couple of decades. I think this could be a very strong marriage done properly.
Matt

It would be interesting. I've never owned a Chrysler car but they did have many good engineering breakthroughs over the years. I never cared for their styling and the crappy assembly. Maybe this is what they need to get back on track. Or maybe finally on track.

Chrysler does very well in the mini-van market, maybe someone wants that.
gerry
--

Personal home page - http://gogood.com