hyundai auto gear box oil change

ive got an auto hyundai accent there is a hot and cold reading on the tranmission dipstick, is it meant to be checked with engine running if so how many miles,

At what ambient temperature? Figure about 5 to 10 miles.
ok m8 cheers, take it you mean with the engine off, i am a woman, just checkin only ever done my oil, thnx
Actually, 20 miles is better to make sure the transmission is at full operating temperature. It's best to check with the fluid hot, with the vehicle running in neutral (with parking brake applied). The fluid should be between the upper two marks when hot.
When cold, it's intended that the fluid will be between the lower two marks, but this is much less accurate in my experience.