Hyundai breaks all-time sales record

From AB

HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA BREAKS ALL-TIME SALES RECORD BEFORE YEAR END

COSTA MESA, Calif., December 5, 2012 ? Hyundai Motor America announced it surpassed its all-time full-year sales record of 645,691 vehicles, breaking a record it set in 2011.

"With teamwork from thousands of Hyundai team members in manufacturing plants, offices, engineering centers and dealerships across the U.S, we've been able to increase supply of our hottest selling vehicles like Sonata, Elantra, and Santa Fe, and deliver more satisfied customers than ever before," said John Krafcik, president and CEO, Hyundai Motor America. "We're looking forward to a strong close of 2012 for Hyundai and the industry, and a positive economic environment that supports continued auto industry recovery in

2013."

HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA

Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Costa Mesa, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 820 dealerships nationwide. All Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S. are covered by the Hyundai Assurance program, which includes the 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable new vehicle warranty, Hyundai's 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty, and five years of complimentary Roadside Assistance.

Reply to
MummyChunk

I guess you can say I made the news as I'm one of 645,691.

My dealer is expanding and has a huge inventory. I've even go there for the two oil changes. His price is the same as anyone else around and he washes my car too.

What I did not like though, was one car in the showroom that had $1700 in dealer installed options. A pin stripe (nice) door edge guards (ugly) and some sort of New England package that was not detailed. Usually, it just makes for a lot of dealer profit.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski