Hyundai car making strange noise

Page 3 of 3

I checked it, it seems tight.

Forget this group...
Furthermore, there is more reason to believe this is not a hubcap problem (and so this test would just be a waste): sometimes I've heard the sound when the car is not moving, but idling. When it happens while idling, there may be, though I'm not sure, a correlation with putting it into/out of gear, for example shifting to/from park. And it doesn't happen constantly when it's moving either, just episodically. When it occurs with the shifting it's only like I think 1, 2, maybe 3 clicks (but they sound just the same and have the same frequency.).
That is important information you left out the first time. Doing diagnostics you follow certain paths of common problems. Noises when moving versus noises when standing are usually very different sources.
Given your mechanical abilities and aptitude, there is a fairly simple solution to the problem. Take the car to the dealer Monday morning. Trade it in on a new one.

And what about ones that occur during both?
But now that I *have* given the information, what would you suspect now?

The internet can't help here. So far all I've gathered is there is a "clicking" sound sometimes. Maybe the dashboard is clicking when the sun hits it. Maybe this, maybe that. Or quite possibly this or that. Give up asking here and take it to somebody who can listen to it. What does your wife say about it? She might know. Every time my wife says "something's wrong with the car" I tell her she's crazy. Then a short time later I have to fix what was wrong. Still haven't figured that out.
--Vic

Well I do know someone who is more knowledgeable with this but they were stumped. And we also took it to a mechanic at a car shop, they didn't know what it was either.
But now that I *have* given the information, what would you suspect now?
I suspect you have no clue about cars. Buy a new one and it will be covered under warranty.

We don't have the money.
Why not tell me though what you would think, based on this new information? Or is it still not enough?

And what about ones that occur during both?
But now that I *have* given the information, what would you suspect now?
Rather obvious now, this Troll has caught a lot of us. I'm putting him in my plop bucket.
Jim

My intent though is not to troll this group. But you won't believe that, I guess. What exactly am I doing wrong?
Sorry Mike, I also subscribe to the alt.support.hardofhearing newsgroup, so no, I did not listen to the recording. Wouldnt do me any good without closed captioning.
Just trying to assist here. I suggested you remove the hub caps and see if the noise disappears, if not then I can be of no further help to you.
Jim

My diagnosis:
If it didn't make strange noises, it wouldn't be a Hyundai
As long as the wheels turn in the proper direction when you want them to...you're getting your money's worth.
Nick
LMAO111
Steve in AZ