Hyundai dealers a joke in Calgary

I'm looking at a 2007 Hyundai Santa-Fe and like most Canadians are finding that the retail prices in Canada are outrageous compared to the US prices. You might think they would address that with the 2008 pricing... Well guess what? The top end 2008 model is now $1000 more than last year. Sure you get a couple of useless googaws, like a plastic rear spoiler - woohee!

Ok, so maybe they offer some other usefull functions in Canada that make the price difference palatable. Well, I'd like to take it for a half day test drive (like most dealers allow) but no way - 20 minutes max with a salesman. How am I supposed to make a considered purchase of a $40,000 item in 20 minutes?

They recommend renting one if you want a real test drive. Well guess what Hyundai? I'll rent one to test drive, and then buy in the US.

Sionara you greedy Canadian car dealers.

Reply to
handyguy00

Really!? Just priced one on

with every option possible. The MSRP came to $31,430US plus taxes, etc. Actually it would have been $30,430 with the $1000 rebate.

I know the taxes are higher in Canada but even applying a 17% tax brings it to "only" about $36,800. Last I looked, the CN$ and US$ were almost equal. Is the 17% tax in the ballpark?

Reply to
DonC

Check out the pricing at

limited:35,300, destination:1,600, GST(fed tax): 2,200 = 39,100add 1,700 for 7 passenger option

Reply to
handyguy00

I just priced the Sonata. I see minor differences in equipment and color options. Where are the Sold in Canada cars built? The differences are adjustable pedals, DRL and speed sensitive wipers at a price $6600 more than the US version.

CND $30767 USA $24170

OUCH !

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski