Hyundai Dealers in N.W. Florida are very stingy on their new car prices for the Accent.

I cant find anyone who will go below the 'Dealer Invoice price' which is only a few hundred below the MSRP on the sticker. I had one Dealer try to convince me that the Dealer Invoice Price IS their actual cost...which i dont believe for a second. Its rediculous to think all they make on the car is a few hundred dollars when their daily electric bill for a good sized Dealership must be at least $500 / mo.
Im sure the Dealer gets Mfr. kickbacks or special Mfr sales promotions offering incentives for Dealers. Doesnt it make sense they have to make at least $3,000 on a new vehicle to stay in business ? I believe so.
I suspect with the Consumer demand for high MPG cars, the Dealers are asking top dollar for new economy cars and arent budging.
Thoughts ???
On Saturday, January 5, 2013 1:15:54 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

P.S. Correction... i meant to say $500 PER DAY electric bill for the Offices and Service Dept. of a large Dealership.
On Sat, 5 Jan 2013 11:17:46 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

a few hundred below the MSRP on the sticker. I had one Dealer try to convince me that the Dealer Invoice Price IS their actual cost...which i dont believe for a second. Its rediculous to think all they make on the car is a few hundred dollars when their daily electric bill for a good sized Dealership must be at least $500 / mo.

offering incentives for Dealers. Doesnt it make sense they have to make at least $3,000 on a new vehicle to stay in business ? I believe so.

I operate a 135,000 square foot manufacturing and warehouse area that comes nowhere near that for electric bill for lighting and some heating and AC. With machines and air compressors, different story.
In any case, you know the electric bill is high (it is) and so are all the other overhead of taxes, insurance, advertising, assorted staff, grounds upkeep and on and on. The dealer MUST make a profit to stay in business.
Low end cars like the Accent Yaris, Aveo, and the like usually don't have all that big of a markup and not much wiggle room as compared with the top of the line loaded with options full sized cars.
I don't think you are going to find a small car for much, if any, less than that. They don't have to. Wait to near the end of the month and pull out the checkbook and see.
On Saturday, January 5, 2013 1:32:58 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Ed, I like your suggestion of end of month . One thing is for sure, they MUST make a few thousand somehow from the sale of a new vehicle with the tremendous expenses and salaries / commision they pay out.
Ill bet im not far off by saying $500 per day for electric when you consider :
Showroom (s) and perhaps 15-25 seperate Offices , the massive amount of outdoor lighting , energy sucking huge Rooftop HVAC Units operating up to 18 hours per day, 20 some Service Bays each with equipment , numerous water heaters.... possibly electric (especially in the South), massive amount of indoor Office lighting , Business Machines/Computers, Service Dept. air compressors to feed pneumatic tools and lifts, Service Bay lighting, Service Bay exhaust fans , etc....
Heck, I once saw an electric bill for an average sized Restaurant laying on the Counter and it was $3500 for the month .