Hyundai Dealers in N.W. Florida are very stingy on their new car prices for the Accent.

I cant find anyone who will go below the 'Dealer Invoice price' which is on= ly a few hundred below the MSRP on the sticker. I had one Dealer try to c= onvince me that the Dealer Invoice Price IS their actual cost...which i don= t believe for a second. Its rediculous to think all they make on the car i= s a few hundred dollars when their daily electric bill for a good sized Dea= lership must be at least $500 / mo. =20

Im sure the Dealer gets Mfr. kickbacks or special Mfr sales promotions offe= ring incentives for Dealers. Doesnt it make sense they have to make at lea= st $3,000 on a new vehicle to stay in business ? I believe so.=20

I suspect with the Consumer demand for high MPG cars, the Dealers are askin= g top dollar for new economy cars and arent budging.

Thoughts ???

Reply to
ilbebauck

only a few hundred below the MSRP on the sticker. I had one Dealer try to= convince me that the Dealer Invoice Price IS their actual cost...which i d= ont believe for a second. Its rediculous to think all they make on the car= is a few hundred dollars when their daily electric bill for a good sized D= ealership must be at least $500 / mo. =20

fering incentives for Dealers. Doesnt it make sense they have to make at l= east $3,000 on a new vehicle to stay in business ? I believe so.=20

ing top dollar for new economy cars and arent budging.

P.S. Correction... i meant to say $500 PER DAY electric bill for the Offic= es and Service Dept. of a large Dealership.

Reply to
ilbebauck

a few hundred below the MSRP on the sticker. I had one Dealer try to convince me that the Dealer Invoice Price IS their actual cost...which i dont believe for a second. Its rediculous to think all they make on the car is a few hundred dollars when their daily electric bill for a good sized Dealership must be at least $500 / mo.

offering incentives for Dealers. Doesnt it make sense they have to make at least $3,000 on a new vehicle to stay in business ? I believe so.

top dollar for new economy cars and arent budging.

and Service Dept. of a large Dealership.

I operate a 135,000 square foot manufacturing and warehouse area that comes nowhere near that for electric bill for lighting and some heating and AC. With machines and air compressors, different story.

In any case, you know the electric bill is high (it is) and so are all the other overhead of taxes, insurance, advertising, assorted staff, grounds upkeep and on and on. The dealer MUST make a profit to stay in business.

Low end cars like the Accent Yaris, Aveo, and the like usually don't have all that big of a markup and not much wiggle room as compared with the top of the line loaded with options full sized cars.

I don't think you are going to find a small car for much, if any, less than that. They don't have to. Wait to near the end of the month and pull out the checkbook and see.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

is only a few hundred below the MSRP on the sticker. I had one Dealer try= to convince me that the Dealer Invoice Price IS their actual cost...which = i dont believe for a second. Its rediculous to think all they make on the = car is a few hundred dollars when their daily electric bill for a good size= d Dealership must be at least $500 / mo. =20

offering incentives for Dealers. Doesnt it make sense they have to make a= t least $3,000 on a new vehicle to stay in business ? I believe so.=20

asking top dollar for new economy cars and arent budging.

fices and Service Dept. of a large Dealership.=20

Ed, I like your suggestion of end of month . One thing is for sure, they M= UST make a few thousand somehow from the sale of a new vehicle with the tre= mendous expenses and salaries / commision they pay out.=20

Ill bet im not far off by saying $500 per day for electric when you consid= er : =20

Showroom (s) and perhaps 15-25 seperate Offices , the massive amount of ou= tdoor lighting , energy sucking huge Rooftop HVAC Units operating up to 18 = hours per day, 20 some Service Bays each with equipment , numerous water h= eaters.... possibly electric (especially in the South), massive amount of i= ndoor Office lighting , Business Machines/Computers, Service Dept. air com= pressors to feed pneumatic tools and lifts, Service Bay lighting, Service B= ay exhaust fans , etc....=20

Heck, I once saw an electric bill for an average sized Restaurant laying on= the Counter and it was $3500 for the month .

Reply to
ilbebauck