hyundai elantra 2000 air

i have a problem. i put in a new cd player in my car which wasnt bad but when i went to put the dash back in my air conditiong thing popped off. and now the
whole thing wont switch from cool air to hot. but i cant find the problem can some one help me please. it is stuck on hot and i cant see anything wrong with it. the litlle metal pole is exposed and my nob is stripped but i tried to turn with a pair of pliars and it wont turn. i just dont know what to do.
--
chris_riggs21

Your temp control cable is probably damaged. Stuff your head under the dash and look at where the cable attaches to the heater box. If it's damaged, you may be able to rebend the cable with a pair of pliers.