Hyundai Elantra 2000 Check engine light

Brought my Elantra to a dealership because my check engine light had illuminated. They did a diagnostic and the code P1128 came up, and the mass air flow sensor had to be replaced. Even after it was replaced and the the code was cleared. The check engine light came back on again, P1128 is still coming up, but now code P0130 (02 sensor) is now coming up. Could the O2 sensor be the cause of the mass airflow sensor malfunctioning? If I take the car in again this will be the 4th time they replace the mass air flow sensor. HELP!

Reply to
mesa

P1128 means that the car thinks the fuel mixture is unexpectedly lean. The air flow sensor is one (and the most frequent) cause. A poorly performing oxygen sensor could also be a cause. The oxygen sensor won't, however, cause the air flow sensor to fail.

Reply to
hyundaitech