Hyundai Headlight haze????Covered under warranty?

My 02 Santa Fe hav hazy headlight lenses its still under the bumper to bumper warranty do you think this item is covered?

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Considering that it's caused by abrasion from road debris, I seriously doubt that it would be considered a warranty item. You can wet sand (1500-2000 grit) and polish the lenses to get them back to original clarity. There are threads on this subject on the Elantra websites.
Brian Nystrom wrote:

Some cars have a problem with UV induced haze and yellowing. This seems to be less of a problem in the last 5-8 years, but look at many of the late 80s to mid 90s vehicles. I see lots of headlights that are terribly yellowed and hazy and it isn't from abrasion. Many of the early Neons and Ford Taurus' seem particularly bad in this regard, but I've seem many other cars, both domestic and foreign brands that have this problem. I think the early plastics didn't have sufficient UV resistance. Personally, I still prefer glass... :-)
Matt
On 28 May 2006 17:44:45 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

That's usually caused by UV light damage. My old Mazda had that problem, and I had to polish them with Brasso to restore the clarity.
I think it SHOULD be covered under warranty because they should know better than to use non-UV resistant plastic. Whether it's covered is anyone's guess.
--
Bob

OP:
My 03 Accent had the same issue, and dealer replaced both headlights.
Mothers finishing supplies ( they make wax and cleaners and stuff for mainly showcars ) make a new thing called a " Powerball " it fits into your drill and they also make a polish that you can get that claims it does just what you want ... Fix your headlight lenses ... I believe the Powerball is around $29.00 and you should be able to find it at most larger autoparts stores. Gonna get one myself to clean my custom wheels on my XG as it can get into the little spaces and creases that my fat fingers cant.
Tunez