Hyundai History web site launched

I have been working on a Hyundai History web site for several weeks. It has reached the point where the site is ready for visitors. It begins with the 1967 founding of Hyundai Motors and runs through the release of the 2006 Accent.

There is a form on the site for corrections, comments, and additions. I appreciate your help in making the page as complete as possible.

GeoUSA, moderator

forum

Reply to
GeoUSA

Do you have to REGISTER for this site ??? I quit coming to the other site when they wanted you to register !!!!

Tunes

Reply to
Tunez

Excel-lent!

Reply to
Screwtape III

Screwtape III posted:

Guess I should drink another cup of coffee -- that took me a second. Good one and thanks.

And Tunez, you do not have to register for the History, just the forum. Many forums require registration -- sorry if that's a hassle. We do not sell contact information and it's up to members if their e-mail address is even displayed.

Reply to
GeoUSA

The site is a nice read! I didn't see the feedback form, but I did notice some minor errors:

1) "The Beta engine with CVVT was also offered on subsequent versions of the Elantra sedan."

I believe the engine designation should be "Beta II".

2) "Perhaps more surprising: in China's hotly contested emerging car market, Hyundai's joint venture with Beijing Automotive sold more cars than any other automaker in the first two months of 2006. "

I assume that this should be 2005.

3) "Engine choices include the Beta 2.0L inline 4 with CVVT (140 hp), Delta 2.7L V6 (173 hp)"

Again, this should read "Beta II".

4) "he died on March 21st, 2001 in one of the hospitals his constructed by his charity."

Remove the first instance of "his".

In the Kia History section, my only comments are that the white on black text is more difficult to read than the black on white in the Hyundai History section, and captions on the photos would be nice.

Great job overall!

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Thanks for the corrections and suggestions, Brian! The form appears in light gray at the bottom of the Hyundai History page. The Kia History will be reworked to be more detailed (and include captions) like the Hyundai History. I want to maintain a different look so I'll try to find a way to make the text more readable. I have noticed that some PCs/monitors are not as readable in black with white text as others.

Reply to
GeoUSA

You're welcome.

D'oh! I must be losing it...

That's definitely the case. I notice that white on black tends to flare just enough that the text appears somewhat blurry. It may just be the way I have my monitor's brightness and contrast set, though I don't have it set especially bright.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom