Hyundai Manuals and Timing Belt Change

Can anyone recommend a good manual and or comment on if the advertized manuals on CD are any good?
The $800 tag for a timing belt change is hard on the pocket book and with
157,000 km on the odo I am coming up to my second change. I am thinking about tackling the job myself for help I may have my Dad a retired auto mechanic. Can I do the job myself with a little help?
Some of the timing belts are easier to change than others. What year, model, and engine do you have?
You can find a wealth of service information (for free) at www.hmaservice.com. You simply need to register for an account.
hyundaitech wrote:

I've found this site very unreliable with frequent hangs. Maybe it just doesn't like Netscape, but I hate IE. I may try it to see if that is the problem.
Matt

Unfortunately, it does like IE much better. I use Mozilla myself - except when I go to the Hyundai site.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

I suspected as much. I'm trying IE right now.
Matt
Mike Marlow wrote:

"IEView". If you go to a page that only works in IE or doesn't work well in Firefox, right click anywhere on the page and select "View this page in IE". It will open IE in a separate window. Very handy!

Outstanding Brian! I didn't know about that.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

Since Netscape 7.2 is Mozilla based, will this extension work also with Netscape 7.2?
Matt
Matt Whiting wrote:

I couldn't say for sure, but I doubt it. As a former Netscape user, I don't see any point in using it any longer now the Firefox and Thunderbird (email) are available. I strongly suggest downloading and installing them.
Brian Nystrom wrote:

I thought about doing the same, but I like having full capability (emial, browser, news reader and calendar) all in the same, easy to use package.
Matt
Matt Whiting wrote:

When you go to the site, it tells you that it only works with IE. Someone should slap the idiot who designed it, for that and other reasons. I hate IE as much as anyone, but the Hyundai site is quite reliable when you use it.
Brian Nystrom wrote:

Yes, I relented and fired up IE last night and the site worked a lot better. I agree about the site designer.
Matt
If you haven't done a few of them before, I would recommend that you not do it. A mistake will cost you (way) more that you save. My 92(93?) Elantra was screwed up twice by a certified (ASAE?) mechanic. New head. Shop around, that quote is way high. bill
--

"clemkonan" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Yes. A timing belt is not a difficult job. Go ahead and replace idlers, etc. that are in there also while you have it apart. As for the $800 CD - don't waste your money. Check out the Hyundai web site and the manuals that are on the site for free. If that doesn't float your boat, spend $25 for a one year subscription to All Data.