Hyundai offers three free years of Blue Link safety tech

From AB
E Safety and Car Care Features Standard on All Blue Link-Equipped Models
COSTA MESA, Calif., May 16, 2013 – Starting today, all new Blue
Link-equipped Hyundai vehicles will come standard with three years of complimentary Assurance Connected Care service. Announced at the 2013 New York International Auto Show in March, Assurance Connected Care is powered by the automaker's Blue Link telematics platform, which now has enrolled over 400,000 subscribers. Assurance Connected Care makes Hyundai the only non-premium automaker to offer a complete package of complimentary safety and car care services to its owners.
Assurance Connected Care is a suite of safety and car care features providing Hyundai owners with free proactive services including automatic collision notification, SOS emergency assistance, enhanced roadside assistance, monthly vehicle diagnostics reports and maintenance alerts. Assurance Connected Care makes Hyundai the first manufacturer to include this degree of built-in safety and car care services standard for three years. The service is fully transferable to subsequent owners within three years of the vehicle's date of first use.
"Assurance Connected Care gives us the opportunity to remind our customers that Hyundai 'has your back,'" said Barry Ratzlaff, Director of Customer Connect, Hyundai Motor America. "This new suite of Assurance features allows drivers to feel safe and secure and enjoy a worry-free car ownership experience. With a simple press of a button in the vehicle, Blue Link agents are available 24/7/365 to help in emergencies or to schedule car care."
Assurance Connected Care is currently starring in Hyundai's newest promotional campaign, which features a brand new remix of Bob Marley's iconic track, "Three Little Birds" created by Stephen Marley and producer/DJ Jason Bentley. The track is part of the Legend: Remixed project, a collection of remixed Bob Marley classics, created by renowned artists.
On Wed, 22 May 2013 01:51:18 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (MummyChunk) wrote:

Most of those 400,000 people will be pissed off too, when they find they have to pay higher prices than new customers. Forever. The add on options were over priced to start, yet the older loyal customers will continue to get screwed while new customers get a better value.
I'd sign up for the Essentials package at the new price, already refused it and the old price. Now they get $0 from me.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I get tracked enough via my cell phone. Hyundai does not need to know where I am, what I am doing, how fast I am driving, and what radio station I am listening to, 24/7.

It does have some value. If you need assistance, they can pinpoint you and send help. With the Essential package, I can sit at my home computer, lay out a route and send the destinations to the nav system without having to enter them later. While it is a nice feature, it is not worth the $179 they want me to pay.
If you have young drivers in the house, you can set barriers and get notifications. That is a feature I've not needed for years.
If they do want to track me, this won't find much excitement. Well, maybe once in a while.
On 5/24/2013 9:02 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Yet another device that the Govt will probably be able to leverage without a warrant - eventually maybe leveraging big data analytics with proximity indicators for fast food places and smoke shops, and then increase the IRS-run health care costs because of the appearance of poor health choices. (or 2nd hand cholesterol & smoke) ;) KW
--- ---
replying to MummyChunk , Joyce wrote:

I would like to know, if you purchase a pre-owned 2013 Certified vehicle, can I get the remainder of the three years from the previous owner for me to try? Thank you.
On 06/24/14 13:18, Joyce wrote:

e, can

o try?

NO. Anyway, you said that 'it sucks', so what for do you want it ?.
replying to Vic RR Garcia , Joyce wrote:

I should have said the people at Blue Link suck. I have been wanting to sign up for a free trial cause the dealership never helped me with that and all Blue Link does is tell me they'll work on it and someone will get back to me. I don't get a call back. That's not right.
On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 03:18:02 +0000, Joyce

You're not missing out on much. I'd go to the dealer and ask them. They should be responsible for things like that.