Hyundai's Colors Are Boring and Dull

Hyundai is doing a great job with its cars now, but I have one constructive criticism: Hyundai seems slow to catch on to the latest color trends. Either that or the designers are just stodgy and
conservative.
Where's bright yellow for Tucson? Small cute cars look great in yellow, and would be a real eye-catcher for Tucson.
Where's metallic copper for Santa Fe? You see lots of orange/copper cars around, it's a hot color, but Hyundai must have been snoozing and missed the trend.
Sonata ... silver/gold mix (aka "sand")...
I could go on. Visit web sites of Infiniti, Mini, yes, even Chrysler, and look at their colors and imagine them applied to the Hyundai lineup. You'll know what I mean.

Well, there is a new Dark Cherry red. Did you see it yet?

IMHO, copper is just plain ugly. New yellow or orange cars look great, but old yellow or orange cars look ridiculous.

Sonata has "Khaki" for 2007. Is that close?
--
Bob

Bob Adkins wrote:

Well, the point isn't whether _you_ like copper or not. My point is, Hyundai isn't on top of the latest colors and not offering a wider choice of colors to choose from. They should offer a mix of trendy colors plus the traditional colors, that way everybody's happy.
James wrote:

I sure like my Canyon Red. Stands out very nice. Easy to see in a parking lot.
Carl
I also love my Pearl powder white XG350L, powdery white during the day but changes colors at night.
Tunez

why would anyone want a bright yellow car? New Beetles have it, and you can have it!
Deck wrote:

Beats me. Beetles should be bright fire engine green! I had a 1975 Beetle that had been painted by a painter at American LaFrance, back when they were still in business in Elmira, and he used the same paint they used for the green fire engines. I'm not sure what the color was really called, but it was basically a neon green. Everyone knew it was me coming from about a mile away!
Matt
There is a recent article in the ATLANTA JOURNAL-CONSTITUTION (or somewhere) about car color psychology.
The article semi-bores me.
It equates car color with a psychological and/or socioilogical characteristic or frame of mind.
Vance Packard (the clever author, not the defunct car's maker) wrote interestingly about this, THE HIDDEN PERSUADERS, in the 1950s.
Hey, it's a lot of bull s but pretty bull s, as I acknowledge that car color to me is important whether I like to admit such or not.
So, heck, why not a "madras-car," as per a madras shirt color that fades, and....
Matt Whiting wrote:

There hiding in Australia
Look at my Yellow Elantra
http://dstaber.customer.netspace.net.au/extra/0009.jpg

'Where's bright yellow for Tucson? Small cute cars look great in yellow, and would be a real eye-catcher for Tucson. Where's metallic copper for Santa Fe? You see lots of orange/copper cars around, it's a hot color, but Hyundai must have been snoozing and missed the trend. Sonata ... silver/gold mix (aka "sand")... I could go on. '
REPLY: For me, color is secondary to a Hyundai SUV that is very stylish, reliable, performs well, is practical , gets fairly good gas mileage, and is engineered well.
Dave in Lake Villa said, "For me, color is secondary to a Hyundai SUV that is very stylish, reliable, performs well, is practical , gets fairly good gas mileage, and is engineered well."......
EXACTLY! When I have gone looking for any vehicle, new or used, I have done extensive research on space, comfort, usability, reliability, power, performance, convertibility, value, price, deal, loan rates, options, even things like whether it has a full-size spare tire. The list goes on and on.
The one thing I could have cared less about was the blasted color. If we had a choice, my wife would pick it. But even some cars we got used where she didn't like the color (like my current Elantra) have been some of my finest cars. A different color would not enhance that, and it certainly wouldn't make a lousy, worthless vehicle better.
Tom Wenndt

The last thing I thought I would buy is Canyon Red. As you said I had looked at many SUV and found that the Santa Fe was the best, value, etc. So I picked out a calf manure color, not to noticeable. I showed it to my wife, and she went ape. She wanted the Show room car. I went for it, and haven't been sorry since. I do keep my speed down, as people say that Red cars are very noticeable to police.
Carl

I've wanted a pigeon blood red car all my life. Every time I buy a car, there is either no red on the lot or no red in the lineup. Some day...
--
Bob

James wrote:

I agree. Exterior colors and interior colors are kind of bland. It's like Hyundai is afraid they are going to offend and so they play it safe. To Hyundai's credit, they've come a long way in improving their product. Just need to add a little more sparkle.
Spooky Cat wrote:

Yeah I think that is the most important thing Spooky cat. The cars are prety good now & seem to be selling well enough without too many radcal colours in the line up. I mean when you look at the average car buyer I feel color would be the last priority except for some people who don't care what they are driving as long as it is yellow or red... True the cars are more noticable on the highway & also to thieves I would assume. Infact I believe some places have higher insuarance premiums for red cars... I am happy with my simple and sedate Steel Grey..........
"A convertible car (or was it a postless "hardtop?") is sort of a mistress fantasy," says Vance Packard.
Yes: Ad-man Vance Packard, the eminent pop sociologist in the 1950s, wrote interesting stuff I read about this & other fun junque, while today's car color curious have internet accessible write-ups ad colora nausea. For instance <via google>
http://www.roadandtravel.com/autonewsandviews/2005/PsychologyofColor.htm