Hyundai Santa Fe HID H4 Headlight upgrade

Hey guys! I own a 01 santa fe, i recently had a headlight go out on me, so in stead of just replacing out the bulb i decided to say what the hell, why not upgrade? So i purchased a complete set of HID H4

6000K headlights with ballasts. I have tried to install these new headlights and i have failed mutiple times, im wondering if any one has any advice or any kind of example or story of them having the same issue. I really would love to have these lights up and running instead of returning them and going with a standard halogen bulb. I would really appreciate any advice anyone has, thank you!! ___________ Used Car Donation Car and Autos Zone
john

Any shop that sells off-road accessories like that should know how to install them.

Why the 6000K bulbs? They might look good, but are not necessarily appropriate for driving in bad weather conditions. Why not use 4300K bulbs?

"john" wrote

Reply to
Ghislain

You likely won't be happy with it, and oncoming drivers definitely won't be happy with the results. Also, even if you get the low beams to work, what will you do for high beams, given that the H4 is supposed to perform both functions? You HAVE TO use optics designed for a HID bulb. There's companies that make replacement optics, and in some cases, your existing optics can be modified, but just dropping in a HID bulb won't do it. Take a look at this info...

Bob

Sure, just like of you buy a computer at Wal Mart you can go back for tech support. Every retail store gives thorough training to all its employees in all of its products.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to message from "Bob" (Wed, 02 Apr 2008

18:47:59) about "Re: Hyundai Santa Fe HID H4 Headlight upgrade":

B> You likely won't be happy with it, and oncoming drivers definitely B> won't be happy with the results.

Why? Just because they are HIDs? If aimed properly then they will be just fine.

Best Regards Wayne Moses Fri, 04 Apr 2008 07:39:47 -0500

Wayne Moses

Unfortunately, that's not true. The optics in standard headlights are not designed for HID bulbs and produce a lot of stray light and glare. There's a good explanation of it on Daniel Stern's lighting site.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom