Hyundai Supports Genesis With Strong Leasing Option

Hyundai expects leasing to account for half the Genesis sedans you'll see on the road, and it's given the $33,000 car an excellent lease option: The Genesis can
be yours for two years with $2,199 up front and $399 a... Read More: http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2008/07/hyundai-support.html
----------------------------------- Hyundai NewsHub: Latest auto news sourced from websites, portals and blogs http://www.carshops247.co.uk/news/Hyundai.html
And I must say, I sat in one the other day....SWEET!!!!!
Too bad I just bough my 08 Sonata...
What a plush ride!!!!
--

2008 Sonata SE- His
2005 Grand Cherokee-Hers

I know four people that have bought new cars in the past three months. None were small or got particularly good gas mileage. At a certain income level, they just don't care and will pay the going price. They want what they want. Lexus, Infiniti, & Acura for this group that I'm referring to. They are the target market for the Genesis.
Oh, of course,, there will always be those people who will buy the biggest, fanciest thing they can get just to boost their ego and perceived status. I'm talking about 'normal Americans' who care about this country's future.
This says it all " a.. Diesel could help reduce America's petroleum consumption. According to officials at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, America could save up to 1.4 million barrels of oil per day - an amount equivalent to the oil we currently import from Saudi Arabia - if one-third of U.S. cars, pickups and SUVs were diesel-powered." It comes from http://www.dieselforum.org/where-is-diesel/cars-trucks-suvs /

Or, those who simply can afford to buy what they want. Your assigning a selfish or self centered motive to them does not make that true.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I buy what I can afford and what I want. I don't think I need a fancy car to boost my ego, but I happen to like some of the fancy cars and all the options. One of my cars is a Sonata, but I opted for the Limited. I spend a fair amount of time in my car so I want all the comforts and goodies. I will admit though, I rarely open the sunroof so I won't really get my money's worth out of it, but the heated leather seats are great. I turn them on when I park the car so they will be warm after starting it with my remote starter.

They make some good points. I'd tell you about my Mercedes diesel, but that would make me sound like I was stroking my ego and raising my perceived status, especially the part about the turbocharger. .
You seem to be a tiny bit jealous of people that can afford fancy cars. What is wrong with fancy?
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Nothing wrong with fancy, but nowadays one must be 'carpolitically correct' to be accepted by current thinking standards of the media and like minded individuals. That means sacrificing -whatever- needs to be sacrificed to satisfy political, ecological, economical,preservational, environmental,and morally correct thinking.
Think 'follow the lemmings'.
:)
Oh, I forgot that when I was at the Hyundai dealer getting my gas gauge sending unit replaced, I talked to a salesman who said Hyundai WAS introducing a diesel next year..... A V8 diesel in their Veracruz SUV!!! WTF are they thinking?????