HYUNDAI-TECH : Whats your take on using oil filters with no bypass valve for maximum filtering ?

I understand why they put a bypass valve in oil filters...in case it gets p lugged up by the Consumer keeping it too long before changing. But, what ab
out the Owner who is anal on oil changes and oil filter changes (ie : every 3,000 miles) way before the oil filter becomes plugged in the interest of having ALL the oil filtered ALL the time ? Further, the car is used in a tropical climate where it seldom gets below 40 f., 0w30 Mobil One is use d, and the car is allowed to warm up for a couple minutes before driving aw ay under gentle acceleration until fully warmed up .
Im considering using deluxe Racing Filters which have no bypass valve and c ost approx. $16-18 each. Id like maximum filtering for my engine .
Would appreciate your thoughts on this issue. Thanks.
On Thursday, July 10, 2014 12:53:14 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

plugged up by the Consumer keeping it too long before changing. But, what about the Owner who is anal on oil changes and oil filter changes (ie : eve ry 3,000 miles) way before the oil filter becomes plugged in the interest of having ALL the oil filtered ALL the time ? Further, the car is used in a tropical climate where it seldom gets below 40 f., 0w30 Mobil One is u sed, and the car is allowed to warm up for a couple minutes before driving away under gentle acceleration until fully warmed up .

cost approx. $16-18 each. Id like maximum filtering for my engine .

I'd want to know the specs., including materials. In most cases, racing fi lters need only to last a short period of time, so they may not be suitable for normal usage. Think about all the things that could go wrong, includi ng too much oil pressure pre-filter and too little post-filter. IMO, there 's little reason to stray from something we know works.

>Further, the car is used in a tropical climate where it seldom gets below 40 f., 0w30 Mobil One is used, and the car is allowed to warm up for a couple minutes before driving away under gentle acceleration until fully warmed up .

If you are changing Mobil One at 3000 miles, you are beyond anal. It is probably recommended to change at 15,000 miles. There is really no benefit to change at 3k aside from wasting money and resources.
Use any quality filter from the major manufacturers.
On Thursday, July 10, 2014 11:53:14 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

plugged up by the Consumer keeping it too long before changing. But, what about the Owner who is anal on oil changes and oil filter changes (ie : eve ry 3,000 miles) way before the oil filter becomes plugged in the interest of having ALL the oil filtered ALL the time ? Further, the car is used in a tropical climate where it seldom gets below 40 f., 0w30 Mobil One is u sed, and the car is allowed to warm up for a couple minutes before driving away under gentle acceleration until fully warmed up .

cost approx. $16-18 each. Id like maximum filtering for my engine .

Fram PH6941 95% efficient. Ive installed it and its working out fine. No l eaks, no noises, I let it warm up an extra minute in the morning before dri ving away slowly not going over 2000 rpms . Oil light goes out almost immed iately upon startup . Here it is : http://oilfilterdata.com/index.php? view=filter_info&model=PH6941&sort0by=3&sort0asc=1&sort1by=4&sort 1asc=1&sort2by=1&sort2asc=1
On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 14:43:42 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I notice they give no information about the filter media. Could be window screen in there. You may get better filtering with a stock filter.
On Thursday, July 10, 2014 11:53:14 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

plugged up by the Consumer keeping it too long before changing. But, what about the Owner who is anal on oil changes and oil filter changes (ie : eve ry 3,000 miles) way before the oil filter becomes plugged in the interest of having ALL the oil filtered ALL the time ? Further, the car is used in a tropical climate where it seldom gets below 40 f., 0w30 Mobil One is u sed, and the car is allowed to warm up for a couple minutes before driving away under gentle acceleration until fully warmed up .

cost approx. $16-18 each. Id like maximum filtering for my engine .

Here is whats inside : http://www.fram.com/oil-filters/fram-extra-guard-o il-filter.aspx
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You don't understand all of the reasons. Another reason is thick oil during cold starts. Cold oil will not move through the filter media easily and this will result in much lower than normal oil flow during a cold start. And this is when the engine needs the oil the most. The bypass valve lets oil get to the engine until the oil is warmed enough to flow easily through the filter.
I do understand the reasons for an oil filter bypass valve. Don't remembe r if I said this or not, but, I live in Florida were it seldom gets to 40 f. plus I let the car warm up an extra minute before pulling away and when I do I don't exceed 2,000 rpms till the engine is full warmed up. Additio nally, I use 5w20 or 0w30 synthetic oil . Further, the engine oil light go es off immediately on startup. Lastly, ive used no-bypass valve oil filter s on other cars including an expensive builtup chevy big block engine using 10w40 oil without a problem whatsoever.
On Thursday, July 10, 2014 11:53:14 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

plugged up by the Consumer keeping it too long before changing. But, what about the Owner who is anal on oil changes and oil filter changes (ie : eve ry 3,000 miles) way before the oil filter becomes plugged in the interest of having ALL the oil filtered ALL the time ? Further, the car is used in a tropical climate where it seldom gets below 40 f., 0w30 Mobil One is u sed, and the car is allowed to warm up for a couple minutes before driving away under gentle acceleration until fully warmed up .

cost approx. $16-18 each. Id like maximum filtering for my engine .

Came in from changing the oil on my 1970 VW that has no oil filter bar a washable screen that will pick up bits of pistons etc and read comments !. Seemed such a contrast. Original engine and auto at ~ 500000 miles. Good quality and frequent oil changes are the clue I think. My 2.0 litre diesel Sonata though with its 7 litres synthetic oil and filter makes that an expensive precaution.