Hyundai Trajet Sensor Location

My car goes from bad to worse

I now have an engine check light on, the engine runs very rough at idle

If I disconnect the sensor top right of the engine 3 wires, the engine runs better but still rough.

Anyone know what it is? I have the service manual but nothing shown there

Reply to
TheDragon

Have you tried reading the OBD codes? See

Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley

Not sure what sensor you are talking about but with those symptoms I,d first be looking at a spark plug lead or coil.

Reply to
John

Its a 2.0L 16V. 2002 model Trajet.

I opened the spark plugs today, none of them had the screw on tops (Little silver threaded caps), so got some tops and put them on. The plugs make a better contact now.

Cylinder 4 right side one had liquid in there, indicating no spark, so removed all 4 plugs and placed on the engine block still connected to the HT leads. Turned over the engine and all 4 were good sparks, so its not any of the coil packs or HT leads Point to note, a strange layout, left pack does cylinder 2 & 3. Right pack does 1 & 4. But they can go no other way due to the lead lengths.

Connected all back up engine running better but still rough at idle, once the engine is hot, its runs perfectly, but the Check Engine light is still on.

Is there a way to read the codes without a reader? Or take a trip to the garage next week and see if they will read them for me.

Reply to
TheDragon

Have you tried reading the OBD codes? See

Once I fixed the pool of liquid in Cyl 4 by fitting caps to the spark plugs, and running on 4 cylinders again. I removed the battery -ve lead for 5 mins. Check light has now gone out.

Seems on this car even though the fault is clear, the light remains on till code is erased. Car runs ok when cold too now.

The sensor issue on the to right of the engine has been repaired too, the connector plastic had become brittle and disintegrated. So just removed it, and put the 3 pins directly to the connector pins and surrounded the join with tape.

Still no idea what it is, but its needed else the engine stalls if its on the wrong way round.

THANKS FOR THE ERASE CODE TIP

Reply to
TheDragon