Hyundai v Kia

Thinking of obtaining another vehicle in addition to the 2002 Sonata LX. Anyone have any thoughts about comparing Hyundai to Kia? Price, features and hardiness are all important. Thanks.

hyundai bought kia few years back, so i think that new models should be ok.. especialy sorento... ..
but if you drive hyundai... maybe its better to get new hyundai :-)
i aout familiy we have 5 hyundais from atoz to sonata and we get discount for regular service on cars cose we go to the same company :-)
Andy wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like Kia and Hyundai have similar models and about the same warrantee. Our Sonata has been reliable to the point of being boring when compared to our Ford.

Kia has more models. try buying a Hyundai wagon.
;-)

Indeed. Hyundai Elantra GLS/GT Hatch ;)
--
Andrew D. Sisson

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 01:33:58 GMT, "Andy S"

Is not a wagon. It's a hatch so it has a high liftover and a slanted back. I wish the Elantra wagon still existed as I have seen around in from previous years. Compare the current Elantra to the Kia Spectra if you need pictures.
;-)

I know, I own one. A Midnight Blue Elantra GLS hatch
Kia has a wagon or two in their stable. Nothing that I'd own, tho.
--
Andrew D. Sisson

my choice be hyundai, I haven't drivin anything yet from Kia that would warrn't me purchasing one...

Jody wrote:

Thanks for all the replies. So far I understand that Kia has more models but Hyundai drivers are very loyal. Any specifics on differences?
i just dont think kia is quite there yet, ive never heard anyone i know say much good things about them, and thyre always at bottom of reliability studies..

Alle new engines and chassis are made by Hyundai, and Kia comes "after" making a n usually good work of refinement in style and interiors; but the mechanic side is from former Hyundai models.
--
Zotto Sonica V6 MY2002 driver
http://www.g2kweb.it/?85