Hyundai Veracruz

Has anyone driven or own the Veracruz? We are planning to buy a crossover or midsize SUV either this year or next. We are seriously looking at the Pilot (we have other Hondas in the garage - CRV, Civic) but I am always open to better deals and better cars.

I have read the good reviews and the Motor Trend article pitting it against the RX350 and actually winning. I have also viewed YouTube videos and so far, everyone is raving about the interior/exterior and what you get for the money.

So, for you owners, any second thoughts, any advise... Were you able to close the deal closer to the invoice prices? Hondas are notoriously arrogant in that sense as they always think everyone will pay MSRP for their cars.

Any words of wisdom is appreciated.

Thanks!

Reply to
dodomaster

I just picked up a '07 Nissan Murano SL AWD with VDC and Touring Package for $35,200 OTD through

I don't know if you need the third row or not, I don't and just throwing in my 2 cents.

Reply to
Smee

thats

Smee

Yep...we do need the third row, so the Murano will not do. congrats on your purchase though...seems like a nice one.

Smee wrote:

Reply to
dodomaster

Haven't driven one more than around the parking lot. Problems seem few and minor, but we don't have many over the curb yet either.

The 3.8L engine is the same as in the Azera and very similar to the 3.3 in the Sonata and Santa Fe. By the time Veracruz production started, the timing chain tensioner problem was resolved, so you shouldn't let that worry you. Otherwise, as far as comparision, you should be able compare the vehicle engine-wise to the Sonata, Azera, and 3.3 Santa Fe.

The 6-speed automatic is new to Hyundai, but the information I have is that it's an Aisin Warner transmission used by other manufacturers that is essentially bulletproof.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks for the info.

Any news for the new 2008 Veracruz? I heard navi will now be offered. I was wondering if there were body changes and/or engine changes. It will be cool if they actually have an IPOD jack on the front console or maybe a Jukebox (hard drive) so one can download all their mp3s instead of discs.

hyundaitech wrote:

Reply to
dodomaster

I'm not really in the "new features loop." Hyundai offers classes when new models are introduced, but we're mostly left to figure out the minor changes for ourselves (with the aid of shop manuals, of course). Your local dealer's sales department may be able to give you an answer, though.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Have you seen anything on the Veracruz' towing capacity? I can't seen to find it on the Hyundai site specs.

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

The only place I found it was at

It's listed under Exterior Dimensions, where I'm sure everyone would expect to find it.

Reply to
hyundaitech

You need to put a smiley on that! ;-)

Reply to
nothermark

Sometimes the whole implied sarcasm over the internet doesn't work very well.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Ah, I see it now. Thanks, Hyundaitech.

Jon