Hyundai Warranty

I am looking at a 2002 Accent with 42,800 miles on it. I would be the 2nd owner. Does the balance of the 5 year - 60,000 mile Hyundai warranty remain with the car?? Is there any paperwork I would need to submit to
Hyundai?? Thanks for any help.

Yes the g/tee stays with the car. When we bought ours second hand, I contacted Hyundai UK with the cars reg and vin and they sent me a new owner sticker to put in the handbook / service booklet. Gio
Here in the USA a used car purchase is 2 ways. From the original owner directly, then you contact Hyundai to inform them you are the own of the VI# & they pass the warranty onto you with the roadside assistance that is for 5 years from date of original purchase that will also follow you. Then you may be purchasing it from a dealer, then that dealer put whatever warranty on it as his "certified cars are covered".
mule wrote:

Here in the USA a used car purchase is 2 ways. From the original owner directly, then you contact Hyundai to inform them you are the own of the VI# & they pass the warranty onto you with the roadside assistance that is for 5 years from date of original purchase that will also follow you. Then you may be purchasing it from a dealer, then that dealer put whatever warranty on it as his "certified cars are covered".
mule wrote:

You don't need to take any action to transfer the 5/60 warranty. It stays with the vehicle.