Hyundaitech - any way to auto enable FWD?

My wife and I have been driving full-time 4wd vehicles for 20+ years. All of them had a setting that kept it on all the time.

We both have 2007 Sante Fe's AWD now and as simple as it is to press the litle button it is often overlooked.

Are you or anyone aware of anything or technique that can keep this on all the time in these vehicles AND based on how it works would there be any damage?

TIA - Bob

Reply to
bobm3

why would you want to run 4 wheel all the time?

Reply to
nothermark

It makes no sense, as all it does is waste gas and increase wear and teat on the drivetrain.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Nystrom"

After time, the teats droop and get caught in potholes and speed bumps.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Not if they are properly supported and held up in a reasonable manner.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

The previous incarnation had full-time 4wd on the 2.7. The 3.5 had electronically controlled 4wd.

I haven't studied to know whether there was a similar difference between the 2.7 and 3.3 when the redesign occurred. The presence of the switch and the default of 4wd off, seems to suggest electronic control.

Keeping 4wd engaged on dry pavement or at high speeds can cause significant drivetrain wear. Check your owner's manual to see if it engages automatically when needed, or take it out in the snow/ice and play around a little to see if the rear wheels start to engage when the front wheels begin to spin.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

This should do it

Edwin Pawlowski

I am unable to set up an account on Hyundaitech, I am running a Mac anyone else have the same problem?

Reply to
B.C. MALLAM

Well, first off - Hyundaitech is a guy who posts here. I bet you're referring to hyundaiusa.com. It would be helpful if you would describe what you are experiencing as you try to set up an account. There was a time when the site only worked with IE, but I thought they had changed that by now.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I think that may be the problem. When I click on the security item before you submit an account nothing happens.

Reply to
B.C. MALLAM

I have a Mac with OS X 10.4 and Firefox. HMAService.com seems to work fine.

Reply to
Edgar MacArthur

Damn - I knew I was doing something wrong when I typed "hyundaiusa.com" in my earlier post. Just could not think of "hmaservice.com" at the time. Getting older is a bitch.

Reply to
Mike Marlow