Hyundaitech or knowledgeable mechanic please

I have an 06 Santa Fe with a V6 (which I love), anyway, I have heard that a custom exhaust such as a Flowmaster can help with gas mileage, and add a little horsepower. Is this true? Can this void my warranty? Any thoughts would be helpful. thanks in advance!

John

Reply to
JR

It won't void your warranty, but any problems you have because of the flowmaster exhaust or its installation won't be covered.

Be sure not to remove or modify your catalytic converters. Besides being highly illegal, I *have* seen converter tampering cause Hyundai to threaten to void a warranty.

Also consider that a significant amount of the restriction in your exhaust is the catalytic converters. I wouldn't expect a noticeable increase in power or fuel economy.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thank you! I'm not going to chance a new exhaust for little or no noticeable power or mpg when it could void my warranty.

john

Reply to
JR

I just posted a message about a 98 Elantra with transmission issues. No Reverse and Shifts hard from 1st to 2nd and coast after hitting 25 MPH if in O/D mode. If I take O/D mode off it will go at least 45 but couldn't go any faster on my road. Can you read my question that I just posted and see what you can come up with.

Thanks

Ben

Reply to
djbnice

CHanging the exhaust system may have the oposite effect that you are looking for. You will loose some torque by opening the exhause, so you will be sticking your foot into the gas more

Reply to
sqdancerLynn