HyundaiTech wanted, please

Hello. Have you got an opinion as to when the catalytic convertor and muffler gets too plugged up warranting replacement (before it occurs) ? How long are these good for before reaching a plugged
state, on average ? Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Assuming the engine is running correctly, they will never get plugged up. However, if your engine is not running right, they may need replacement in few minutes.

Just for the record, Paul is pretty much on the money here. I've seen a few converters contaminated to the point where they're ineffective, but this is on a very small subset of the vehicles I service.