Hyundia anti Freeze

Is there anything special about Hyundia coolant?

I do use Honda Coolant in my Honda because of a silicate additive, they say it will make the eater pump last longer.

thanks Tom

Reply to
twfsa

twfsa asked and said: "Is there anything special about Hyundia coolant? I do use Honda Coolant in my Honda because of a silicate additive, they say it will make the eater pump last longer."......

Yes, it is MUCH more expensive than the same coolant you can buy from almost ANY auto parts store.

As for Honda, talk to anyone at an auto parts store. Despite Honda's hype, there is little difference between coolants (especially good quality ones) unless you are talking about GM's red "Dex-Cool." If there is an additive needed, they will show you which coolant has it, and it will cost you far less than getting it through Honda.

In my world, these are just two more rackets.

Tom Wenndt

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

Regular ethylene glycol antifreeze will be fine. In fact, I don't believe Hyundai even offers coolant with their name on it.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Tom,

The newer versions of Prestone and such (with the exception of DexCool as you mentioned). are now formulated so that they are more compatible with Hondas (I still use only Honda antifreeze since it's only a $1 more). In the past they were not and would cause premature failure of your water pump. It was as if you were required to use Honda antifreeze or suffer the consequence of getting your water pump replaced sooner than the 90k timing belt change (usually by that point it's on it's way out).

Nick

Reply to
Nick