Hyunditech - 30,000 mile Check-up

Page 2 of 2

filters were clogged? The difference was pretty dramatic.
Jon
Maybe they put more air in the tires.
"Cleaning and regapping? I would hope they would just replace them if they went through the trouble of pulling them out. Probably cheaper than paying labor for "cleaning."
Probably at most dealers Ed. I've never priced plugs from my dealer but I'd venture a guess compared to everything else that the plugs are 25 follars apiece or more.
Cleaning a regapping plugs????????????? I haven't heard that one in about 25 years. Run from that $^)(**&^ dealer as FAST as you can! You just got screwed. How was it for you??

> GUEST wrote: > So my dealer wants $500 for the 30K service!! The service includes an Oil > Change, Air Filter, Fuel Air Filter and Coolant Flush but it DOES NOT > include the supposed required Transmission Flush, which is an extra $150. > > The Hyundai web site and manuel does say a Transmission Flush now but come > on at 30K? > > This whoile warranty thing seems to be a scam to me. They threaten that > if you do not do all this then Hyundai will void your warranty. > > What's the scoop Hyundaitech, what REALLY needs to be done at 30K?
Reading this web site makes me wonder if I'm a little mixed up or what. I do most all of my own maintence on 02 Sonata with 71,500 miles on it. I have never even checked my transmission fluid. The underneath of the engine and transmission are perfectly dry and I assume it was filled at the factory. The manual says change it at 105,000 miles and I believe it.
I will change the plugs when the car starts to miss or the gas milage drops. That is the symptom of needing new plugs. The plugs that are used by Hyundai are top of the line and all the other car makers recommend changing at 100,000 miles or more. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
I agree with others who say change the coolant every two years. I change the oil every 4,000 miles and think that is an overkill because it is still pretty clean at that time.
I have been driving and working on cars for 45 years and never had an engine problem except for Fords but that seems to be common.
In my opinion the engine is probably the best part of the Sonata. Some of the other systems seem to be not designed and built so well. My 14 year old Integra with 157,000 miles on it still runs great. I never add water or oil and have spent less than $100 dollars for repairs the last 5 years. Hyundai will probably never match that.
"I do most all of my own maintence on 02 Sonata with 71,500 miles on it. I have never even checked my transmission fluid. The underneath of the engine and transmission are perfectly dry and I assume it was filled at the factory. The manual says change it at 105,000 miles and I believe it."
This is the only part of your post I have a problem with. You should at least check the quality of your transmission fluid every 30,000 miles. The manual says you should do that, too. While I'd change it every 30k if it were my car, I cannot say your idea to change it every 105k is unreasonable, either, unless the condition of the fluid dictates otherwise.