I got the old sprocket off, but timing marks are off

Hello again,
I got the old broken cam sprocket off of the front half (2.5l v6) that broke when I put something in between the spokes of the sprocket to stop
the engine from turning while trying to get the crank pully off.
Ok so now my timing marks are off, and the engine is NOT at TDC... I am going to reinstall the old timing belt after I get my new cam gear/sprocket (so I can get the engine to TDC before installing the new belt and tensioner back on), but can I move the cams (how else can I line it up?)where they should be in order to line up timeing with the crank mark, and if I do, what will happen?
Thanks, sorry for the long messages... I'm worried now!
Just line up all the timing marks on the individual sprockets. You don't need to put the old timing belt back on. First, turn the crank gently. It'll stop if you start to hit a valve. Then do the same with each of the cams. The rear cam will want to spring away if you stray too much from the desired position.