I want to start doing my own Brakes on my Hyundai SantaFe

2002 Hyundai Santa fe SUV . 2.7 litre. . It looks pretty easy to replace the rotors, calipers, and pads , so, is there anything that I should be particularly aware of when doing this ? Is it possible to
bleed the caliper of brake fluid using one person ? Thanks for any tips.

Why would you want to replace the calipers? If they are not leaking, and if the rotors are in good shape and still thick enough you could just scuff the rotors up in a circular pattern with medium sand paper and replace the pads. Don't forget to clean it off first, wear a dust mask, and lube the pins (under the rubber) and put a TINY bit on the flat area where the pads travel.
When using a big "C" clamp to push the caliper back in before disassembling the brakes don't forget to loosen the lid of the fluid reservoir under the hood. If you can't get the rear in far enough you may need to loosen the parking brake. You really don't have to take that much apart in the console, just enough to prop it up and get what I believe is an 11mm deep socket on it. Good luck!
--- Posted via

t.net ---
I wouldnt replace ANY of the parts unless i needed to. I hope i didnt infer i was going to replace parts for the heck of it. Rotors are so cheap that if they look bad after quite a few miles on them, id just put on some brand new ones . Same on the pads.

Try to find someone that knows how to service brakes to help you. It is pretty simple. I had some problem with removing the rotor on a 06 Sonata - they were held in place with two screws and had to be removed with using a hand impact wrench. Hopefully, you won't have to remove the rotor. When you take off the pads, check the caliper seals, if there's no leaks, you can just push in the piston and replace the pads, otherwise, you can probably just buy a pad and caliper set. Good luck!