I went thru the Hyundai Factory in Montgomery, Al. yesterday. WOW !

It was a very well organized narrated tram ride thru 5 or 6 buildings , and i was very very impressed with the technology, robotics, layout, and Team effort . If anyone is ever close to
this Factory, it is a must see event . As Hyundai Owners, we can be very proud of the product we have and what went into it.
I think they make all the Hyundais there except for the Accent.

Is this a tour offered to visitors on a regular basis? I've see the plant on TV and it was impressive, but in person would be more interesting.

Yes. Just go to the HMMA website, find the tours page, pick a date from the available tours (you may need to pick one several weeks or even months in advance) and reserve your spot on the tour. And show up. :)
I went on the tour several years ago after buying my Sonata. Very interesting to see the car's parents and where it was made. A great thing to see for the curious and a nice perk for Hyundai owners as not many car factories for any brands still do tours. But HMMA is proud to show off.
By contrast, the sister Kia plant in Westpoint does not offer any general tours, as best I can tell. Shame. It would be nice to see the workings at that plant.

Is open to the public. After youve been on the Tram Tour, you come away feeling like Hyundai really has their act together and is striving for the utmost of customer satisfaction. The movie they show you first is very informative and interesting too . They even have a gift store of Hyundai apparel , trinkets, and things.

Oh gosh I drove past it yesterday & would have loved to do such a tour but didn't know about it.